Train with a friend (or two) and save!
Article contributed by Chicago Personal Trainer, Sarah Pelc.
For many people, personal training seems like a luxury. With a single session costing an upwards of $80-$100, who can blame them? Did you know there is an affordable alternative? Online personal training gives you many benefits of an in-person trainer at a fraction of the cost. Check out the benefits below:
1. It’s affordable! Personal training can be expensive for the average person. Let’s say a client pays $75 per session to train 3 times per week.
Each month, they are spending at least $900 on training. Yikes! Online personal training can range anywhere from $30-$200 per month, regardless of how many times you workout, making it a much more comfortable option for the average person.
2. Scheduling is easy–clients can exercise whenever they want too!
Imagine having to pay your trainer the cost of a session because you got stuck at work and had to late cancel. With online training, you work when the time fits into your schedule–morning, afternoon, or night. Once you have received your workout, you complete it as many times as the trainer instructs on your own time.
3. Clients still receive individual attention. People looking for exercise guidance who can’t afford a personal trainer usually turn to the internet for answers. That’s not effective, seeing as everyone has different fitness goals. With online training, the trainer prescribes the sets, reps, and weights to use for each exercise. The client receives a video demonstration and written description of each exercise, so there is no confusion how to safely and properly execute the movement. In addition, the client always has the opportunity to film himself or herself completing an exercise and submit the video to your trainer for feedback.
4. Offers accountability and support for better results. Online personal training allows the client to connect with his or her trainer as often as needed. With email support, weekly check-ins, Skype meetings, and private client-only Facebook groups, support and accountability are available 24/7. In addition, the Smartphone app (which is free for clients to use,) tracks your workouts and progress made over time.
5. Convenience… You can workout anywhere in the world! With online training, clients can workout anywhere! This is especially beneficial for those who travel often for work. You don’t even need to belong to a gym! With minimal equipment, a client can train right in the privacy of his or her own home.
6. Easy to use! Online personal training is easier than you may think! First, the client has a consultation/assessment with the trainer,
discussing everything from fitness goals, exercise and health history, to lifestyle choices. Next, the trainer sends the first custom-made workout via his/her website or Smartphone app. Everything is easy to use and in one place. The client records when the workout is complete. The app makes it easy to communicate and track progress over time!
7. Results! There is a reason online training is becoming so popular–it works! Without question, online training provides stronger programming and accountability than working out on your own.
With so many benefits, as well as living in a society obsessed with technology, it comes as no surprise that online personal training is a booming industry. Online personal training allows clients to have the freedom to reach their fitness goals safely and efficiently, at a fraction of the cost of in-person training.
For more information on doing online or one-on-one personal training sessions with Sarah, contact her today!